Contraception: an Australian clinical practice handbookThird edition available now in online and hard cover formats!
Produced and published by Family Planning New South Wales (FPNSW),
Family Planning Queensland (FPQ) and Family Planning Victoria (FPV).
The third edition of the handbook, co-authored by medical experts from FPNSW, FPQ and FPV, has been updated to include the latest international research and expert opinion on all methods of contraception available in Australia.
The Handbook aims to support and promote optimal clinical practice by providing GPs, nurses and other health care practitioners with evidence based consensus recommendations on all aspects of contraceptive practice in the Australian setting.
- an up to date review of the advantages and disadvantages of contraceptive methods available in Australia
- updated practical advice including stopping each method at menopause, using Quick Start methods of contraception and extended hormonal regimens
- the latest information on contraceptive eligibility for women with a broad range of pre-existing medical conditions
- contraceptive options for teenagers, post-partum and perimenopausal women
- current practice recommendations for missed pills, drug interactions and more
Get your copy
The latest edition is available for $60 (GST inclusive) plus freight, and an annual subscription to the online edition is available for $150. Or buy your hard cover plus online subscription and get 50% off the hard cover price.
The Order now button takes you to FPQ's online shop to purchase the hard cover edition, only. The Subscribe now button takes you to the online Handbook site, where you can purchase your annual subscription or hard cover copy or both. Alternatively please
submit an order form - scan and email, fax or post it to FPQ or for more information contact FPQ